It’s a New Year and I’m thinking about the people, events or things which cause me to smile. (Not in any order)
l) Finding a penny where one wasn’t a day before.
2) Saying ‘goodbye’ to Mud Season. (Between March 30 and May l)
3) Helping plan the Aug. 8th Fire Dst. l0 picnic at Deep Lake.
4) Viewing the first Friends pie auction (I’ll bake a huckleberry/rhubarb)
5) Seeing if the Casino’s Melt Down slot machine goes crazy.
6) Finding out if Casanova Cowboy lives or dies.
7) Tramping the historic Anasazi Ruins in New Mexico at Chaco Canyon.
8) Tasting the first strawberry in the garden.
9) Finding a vacant clothes hanger in a cluttered closet.
10) Receiving an unexpected e-mail or letter that is truly delightful.
11) Will the 2000 Chrysler Convertible with 196,000 miles live to drive another year?
12) Giggling with 8-year-old Tom Boy twins.
13) Discovering a great recipe for dinner rolls or peanut butter cookies.
14) Remembering a dear departed friend or relative.
15) The smile of a loved one.